BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Jun 9, 2010

Athens!


Haven't been here for ages! A mix of my travelling agenda + busy busy busy days!
So let's start by Athens, where I went to celebrate my birthday, and loved it so much I already have my ticket to return in September!
Lovely sunny days, mega friendly people, delicious food...and surprisingly expensive prices! OK, food and souvenirs were reasonable, but drinks...WOW! Mojito's started in €10-15, and as a good drinker that I am, they were partly responsible for my travel expenses ;-)! All in all, bday isn't time to save money, so let's say that I was splurging on celebration LOL
Crisis they say...I haven't seen any to be honest! People out in not-cheap-at-all bars and discos, restaurants fully booked...people didn't look that concerned about their finances to me...
To be honest, 2 days are enough...buut I stayed 5 because people told me Athens is one of the best party places in Europe. and it's true.
Besides the Parthenon and the Acropolis, that can be seen in a couple of hours, and walking around Syntagma Square and the Plaka Area, there isn't much to see. Better to take a hop in - hop off bus.It's €10 or 15 for 2 days,and in 2 hours you went around the most important areas.
But the good thing was that we discovered this placed called Balux and it was a blessing! It's a mix of private beach + disco + beautiful / wealthy athenians gathering place..
Was playing rich there for a while and now my credit card bill keeps me bringing good memories! LOL
We have also done a day excursion to the 3 islands called Hydra, Aegina and Poros. They are small and supercute and I think it was totally worth it!

3 reacties:

Nathalie said...

Love your post!

Hope I can join you in September!

Marrie said...

Thanks dear ;-)

Yes, it would be really great if you could go! Just FYI: 8-12/09!
And I have a relax day planned in Balux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wanna play rich with me? Or we can play banrupt and take our own picnic stuff LOL

Marrie said...

I mean, bankrupt